Sunday, February 13, 2005

Libertarian Girl a fake

Cattalarchy recently discovered that Libertarial Girl was a phony!

The entire story is pretty amusing, really. The "unemployed man without a wife or girlfriend still living with my parents despite being over the age of 30" who runs Libertarian Girl did it because he wanted to be "read". Apparently, "When I had a blog as my real self, no one linked to me, no one left any comments, it was as if the blog existed in a vacuum". He created Libertarian Girl and "Every day I’d check Technorati and discover new unsolicited links. It was like I had warped into an alternate universe where all the rules had changed."

He then launches into a diatribe about how easy attractive women have it, and it makes for an interesting read:
It’s funny how there have been some posts in the blogosphere saying that the political blogosphere was a boys club that discriminated against women, as evidenced by how few politics bloggers were women. Boy were they completely off the mark. It’s ten times easier for a woman’s blog to become popular.

This effect no doubt carries over into the real world. Whenever I see an attractive woman with a successful career, I’ll remember the experience of this blog and assume that she didn’t really get there on merit, just her looks.
Then, hilariously, he later invites attractive young women to offer themselves up for a new hoax. He wants to continue the early successes of Libertarian Girl. what I find hilarious, is that the picture he used wasn't even that attractive. The Russian Lady he used had more attractive pictures.

Update 1: My very first trackbacks! I am now a Crawly Amphibian (probably because of my trackback links as well)

Update 2: My Pet Jawa has the real story behind the Russian mail-order bride!

Update 3: Paul was whining, so I'll finally mention that Kevin over at Wizbang finally has the story.

No comments: