Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Coast Guard Exams

My Coast Guard Exams start next Teusday.
For those who don't know, my Coast Guard Exams are more like a driver's license exam, but for operating huge ocean-going vessels such as:
Oil Tankers
LNG Carriers
BreakBulk Carriers
Roll-on Roll-off Ships
Container Ships
and many more!

The sections are:
Steam I
Boilers, boiler chemistry, and feedwater systems

Steam II
Turbines, Condensers, Air Ejectors, Lubrication Systems

Electrical
Ohm's Law (basics), finding Grounds, Motor controllers, Motors, Circuits, Electronics, Electricity

Safety
Lifeboatmen's stuff, Firefighting, Hazardous Materials, Watertight Integrity

Diesel I
Diesel II
I have no idea what seperates Diesel I from Diesel II, but the closest thing I might think of, is I is mostly about the basics of the Diesel cycle and engines, and Diesel II might be about auxiliary equipment needed, such as cams, rods, lubrication quills, governors, reed valves, etc...

General Subjects
Refrigeration, Lathe Operations, Welding, Pumps, Valves, Piping, and pretty much everything else....


That's 7 tests in 3 days. Wish me luck!

No comments: