Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pictures

Here's a few pictures for you extremely loyal (but extremely rare it seems) fans/readers!

An odd sight anywhere in the States, a local government official for tourism set up in the Ibn Batuta Mall near Jebel Ali took a break for religious duties.
I hate it when I forget to write down a ship's name, I believe this was after supplying the USS Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike group most probably in Gulf of Oman or Indian Ocean, most likely either the USS Nashville (LPD 13), USS Whidbey Island (LSD 41).
(Some help would be appreciated!) An Owl who showed up on board, somewhere between Jebel Ali, UAE and Djibouti, Africa. I took this picture just after an abandon ship drill.


In formation with and supplying cargo to the USS Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike group, the USS Iwo Jima (LHD-7) behind me (for those that don't know, those are two of our ship's liferafts right in front of me), if I remember correctly, this was in the Red Sea after they returned from the Mediterranean after helping with the evacuation of Lebanon.

No comments: