Friday, January 21, 2005

SpongeBob = Diversity?

Is it just me or is Spongebob Squarepants...that annoying little sea sponge (square piece of crap), is just a cartoon? Since when is a cartoon character the poster-thing for a political cause?

I realize that there was a recent video flurry having to do with a spongebob squarepants video or such that commented about sexual preference and tolerance on the website. Yet who goes to the website? Probably the majority are the kids who watch that annoying little twerp's show and/or movie, and I can understand parents who disagree with shoving sexuality down a 10 year old's throat (even if the message is tolerance...its still shoving sex down kids' throat).

Amusingly enough, most of the respondants in CNN's poll dealing with spongebob agree with me.

Update 1:
Rightwingsparkle agrees with me.

No comments: