Saturday, February 26, 2005

Korn's guitarist finds God

I was reading Michelle Malkin's blog when I ran across this piece.
"NEW YORK - Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening. Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, Calif., station KRAB-FM.

"I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans.""

This just hit close to home. I grew up in Bakersfield. I went to school with Jonathon Davis' half brother (ex-lead singer of Adema), Mark Chavez. Interesting Story, Michelle is right, I hope they have more on this story (either here or at KRAB).

No comments: