Tuesday, February 15, 2005

No fault of man

Found this through the Bonfire of the Vanities - Week 85

Opinionated Bastard's contribution is his rant in Real Women Have Hips on how women's fashion has nothing to do with men.
...In the present, when it comes to the same sex though, it seems we disagree. The women and mostly gay men who control the fashion industry have settled on a standard of female beauty that to my eye makes the women look diseased. For a long time, I figured it was just my particular taste in women. Judging by the catalog I got from Playboy though, it seems I’m not alone, that men in general agree with me: we like women with a little meat on their bones. Because ultimately, we like healthy women not anorexic women. ...
I agree wholeheartedly with OP's commentary. I enjoy looking at those catalogues for the same reason I enjoy looking at Playboy and Maxim magazines, I enjoy looking at photographs of attractive scantily clad women. But those catalogues and women's magazines such as Seventeen, Vogue, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan portray crappy images of beauty that 95% of all women alive cannot even come close to.

No comments: